|frozen/fresh berries & sugared!|
~1 1/2 c. each--Blueberries, Raspberries, Blackberries (either/or combo allowed!)
~4 tbs sugar
~2 c. flour
~2 c. rolled oats
~2 c. packed Brown sugar
~3 tsp cinnamon
~1 tsp nutmeg (optional)
~1 2/3 c. butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 350*
2. In a large bowl, toss berries & sugar. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg.
4. Cut in butter till it's all crumbly :-) (I ended up just using my hands, but, lol, this may not be for everyone!)
5. Lightly grease a 9"x13" baking dish (mine is glass).
6. Press enough of the oats mixture into the dish to cover the bottom (usually about half). Cover with berry/sugar mixture.
7. Sprinkle remaining oats mixture on top.
|The Crisp, uncooked!|
8. Bake about 40-45 mins. Check it (because ovens vary & such)-it's about done when the fruit is all bubbly! :-)
|All done! (crappy lighting in my apt :-/ )|
& there ya go! This is really pretty good. As you can tell, I'm not a huge baker, but this is simple, & fun, & usually pleases most people :-)
*As a side note, which I learned from the last batch I made, it is NOT ok to randomly add flavored stuff to your crisps; I thought since my husband likes rum cake, I'd add rum flavoring to this, to the oats. I probably added 1/4 a cup. Yeah...NOT good. Gave it a weird flavor, & he asked me to never do it again, lol. Far cry from the first time I made this for him (on a long-ago birthday), when he LOVED it!